Friday, March 27, 2015

2015 Missouri Fiberart Retreat

Notes from Karen:
Last weekend I went to the bi-annual MOFA - Missouri Fiber Art - retreat. It was out at Lake of the Ozark, MO. As usual I have a great time. I taught a layered painted and dyed fabric workshop, that everyone seemed to love.

I also took two workshops myself.

A memory bracelet - I had brought a bunch of my better favorite beads. The red round and oblong beads are very old garnet from my husbands grandmother.


The white are mother of pearl I have had for years and the rhinestone spacer between them was a necklace from my mother.


The doll below was a workshop called "Mojo Doll". We were given a black stuffed doll and black wooden base. Again I had brought some of my favorite materials, used some that where provided and had 3 hours to sit and sew. It was great fun to make this doll.





We always have a silent auction to raise fund for the MOFA scholarships. Most of the items are pieces made from the members. But some could be books, fabric, and other fiber materials.

I fell is love with this felted rabbit. He is about 4" tall and is a finger puppet.

I won the auction on this and the beautiful shibori dyed black and gold silk scarf below.


No comments:

Post a Comment